Why Join Us?
AITS was established in 1976 by specialist retailers from all over the UK. It acts on behalf of all tobacco retail businesses and provides vital support, assistance and advice to its members.
If you work within the UK’s tobacco retail sector, either as a bricks-and-mortar retailer or as an online business owner – or both, you can reap the benefit of AITS membership.
AITS is here to help. We provide support, assistance and advice to retailers regarding legislative changes and insurance requirements, and offer guidance on running and developing a tobacco business. We represent the tobacco retail sector when lobbying Government, and we provide a sounding box for our members – many of whom network with each other on a regular basis.
Plus, if you’re a supplier to the trade, you can gain the benefit of being an AITS member by keeping up to date with the legislation and regulations that affect your customers.
What’s in it for you?
- Access to specialist tobacco products and discounts from specialist suppliers
- Up to date information on legislation and regulations such as Track and Trace
- Help with your business insurance (via Jelf Group)
- Help and advice on how to make better use of your spare space
- Access to high margin specialist products
- Help with diversifying and developing your business
- Access to new product sectors
- Legal advice and assistance if required
- Opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded retailers at our General meetings
- Reduced price Conference attendance and FREE Show entry at IGNITE, the UK’s largest Tobacco Retailers event, where you can meet specialist suppliers and network with others in your sector
- Listing on the website